Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tiny Blankey




Grant woke up this morning and threw "Tiny Blankey" in the garbage. Ben and I thought he was joking but when he never went back and got it or talked about it we knew he was being serious. He told us that he wanted to be big and that tiny blankey was to stinky for him so he wanted it to be in the garbage, and never made mention of it again.
To Grant: I am so proud of you, that was such a big boy decision made all on your own, you are growing up so fast.
To tiny blankey: you will not be missed you were always so smelly. Thanks for helping Grant grow up!

(of course I did have some tears in my eyes)

2 comments:

le said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so jealous, I told Josh that Grant threw his blanket, and asked if he wanted to throw his away. He almost cried when he said, "But I like my blanket so much". I guess only one blanket can get thrown away a day. Maybe tomorrow is our day, and then maybe it will come next year.

The White's said...

WOW! way to go Grant for making that decision all on your own! I remember when you made grant that blanket, I thought it was so cute, but I can imagine after so many years of abuse how un-cute it became ;)