Sunday, June 1, 2008

Far West





Ok so this place was so totally cool! Me and my dad pull up to the site and we see 6 men in black suits, I say to my dad "are they all missionaries?"  because one of them had a tag on my dad says ya I guess so.  So we take another look my dad says "oh my gosh, they aren't missionaries that is President Jeffery R. Holland!"  So we get out and say hello, Elder Holland was so sweet and we sat there just chatting.  He asked me my name and where I was from, then he asked my dad the same thing.  He and the men were about to leave when my dad asked if we could get a picture with him.  He said "Certainly, that is what we do"  So while my dad was walking in front of us to get set up, Elder Holland and I were walking and talking on this amazing temple ground.  He told me that this was his first time to Far West and he was out there doing a stake conference, and had a couple of extra minutes so they thought they would stop at Far West.  The coolest thing I think about this is that this site has actually been dedicated as a temple, so I thought it was so neat to think that I was walking with Elder Holland in a temple! 
This was the icing on the cake for this trip.  I love the garden of Eden! 








This bottom picture is of one of the corner stones they keep it in the case to preserve it, all four corners are represented as the important keys of the priesthood.  They have the hole thing fenced in so when you go in you treat it like you would if you were in the temple.

8 comments:

california smiths said...

So neat. It is always such an amazing feeling when you get to meet a general authority. Your vacation looks like it has been such a neat experience!

Jenny C said...

That is cool. What a fun trip! That would be cool to see all those different sites!

Liz & Cortney said...

Wow! What an amazing experience! This will certainly be a trip you will never forget!

Tai and Joe said...

Wow! that is a neat experience! how neat that he was there. What an awesome trip you have had.

The Reese's said...

what a fun vacation. i would never have the luck to go someplace the same time as a general authority. that's so neat.

SMILES2ALL said...

I was doing some blog hopping and fouind your blog. thats so cool that you were able to meet a general authority, I hope one day I will be able to. Lindsee (Barnes) Haney from BRC

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

Hey Teresa (Hamilton) Hammond. Your last name didn't change much. Can I say how amazing your life sounds. And I went clear back to the post about the aprons, you've got some great creative talent. How do I get me one of those. Email me some time...trudystanton@gmail.com
Take Care
Trudy (Petersen) Stanton

Rupper Family said...

Hey Teresa,
I was in R3 and found you on Analei's and Katie's blogs. Yep, I'm a blog surfer too and I love yours, you do so much! I wish I'd met you before I left, you're so cute, I would've loved to know you!
Wendy Rupper-now of Brigham City