Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Deeeeelicious!


I made these a while back and was sad because I thought I had lost the recipe, But I found it and I am happy to share with all of you!




                 Cinnamon Biscuit Fans
1/3 cup firm butter
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
about 3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter softened
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp.  ground cinnamon

Glaze:
1/2 cup powder sugar
2 1/2 tsp. milk


1. Heat oven to 425, Grease 8 muffin cups
2. Cut 1/3 c butter into flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, ad salt in large bowl. Using a pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs.  Stir in just enough milk so dough leaves side of bowl  and forms a ball.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.  Knead 10 times.  Roll into a rectangle 12 by 10 inches.  Spread 3 tablespoons of softened butter over rectangle.  Mix 3 tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon: sprinkle over rectangle.  Cut rectangle crosswise into 6 strips. 10 by 2 inches.  Stack strips cut crosswise into 8 pieces place cut side up in muffin cups.
4. Bake 16 to 18 minutes immediately remove from pan. drizzle glaze over warm biscuits.

(this recipe only makes 8 muffins if your family loves muffins as much as I, I suggest doubling the recipe.)

4 comments:

california smiths said...

Those look so amazing!! Question, what happens if you just mix the dough without criss crossing the knives? Does it mess it up?

The Christensens said...

Those look so delicious, I think I might attempt to make them :) They make my mouth water just looking at them

california smiths said...

I have to tell you I made these this morning and we LOVED them!! The whole time I was making them I was sure I was doing it wrong, but they turned out Deeeelicious! Thanks for the great recipe!

Ashley and Devan said...

Yummmmmmy! That looks really good!
Miss You!